- Potato-Sauerkraut Casserole
- Potatoes and SauerkrautPosted 521 days ago
Potatoes and sauerkraut are a great combination. Potatoes are paired with sauerkraut often. On New Year's Day the tradition where I grew up was to have roast pork, sauerkraut,…
- Winter Warmer: Soup is all you need.
- Winter Warmer: Soup is all you need.Posted 522 days ago
I love this dish in late fall and winter. It is a great warming dish that is perfect for cold nights. I’ve been eating this for as long as I…
- Making Sauerkraut
- Making SauerkrautPosted 553 days ago
Fermentation is an exercise in transforming food into something completely different and exceptionally tasty. Sauerkraut, sausages, and more are all fermented foods that have undergone a transition into something new.…
- Kohlrouladen – Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Kohlrouladen – Stuffed Cabbage RollsPosted 577 days ago
Cabbage, the food of winter. Many Central and Eastern European cultures feature cabbage all throughout the winter. It's hardy, nutritious, and extremely versatile. Think of everything you can do with…
- Bierfleisch – Braising with Beer
- Bierfleisch – Braising with BeerPosted 582 days ago
Cooking with beer is something we do a lot of.
We use it to braise, to marinate, in sauces, vinaigrettes, reductions, and even desserts. I think beer's versatility is as great…
Welcome to New German Cooking, an informational website by chefs Jeremy and Jessica Nolen about modern German cooking. Here you will find traditional German and American ingredients that are transpired into food that is inspiring and delicious! Our mission is to create delicious recipes that are both simple and creative. Most of are recipes are designed for the home cook. Many are adapted from the restaurant versions, based on availability of ingredients and equipment used. We hope you will find the information in these pages exciting and inspiring. Guten Appetit!